Social entreprise support
Social entrepreneurs are working hard to respond to the challenges faced by people in their communities.
BIg Local Works has a vision of a future where social entrepreneurs flourish in and with their communities, implementing sustainable, locally embedded solutions.
Building on years of experience and knowledge, the aim is to enable social entrepreneurs to achieve a significant impact in their community by:
- Creating a hub for social enterprise in South Bermondsey
- Finding champions who can open up markets and bring resources to social entrepreneurs
- Building local peer networks of support and connecting our social entrepreneurs to other great sources of support
- Building collaboration between these entrepreneurs and other local players
- Enabling them to access investment, innovate in their areas and influence externally
Big Local South Bermondsey Partnership have entered into an agreement with UnLtd and Local Trust to offer social enterprise grants to local entrepreneurs, with preference being given to those bringing something to the table for the Blue Area. Big Local Works is the programme anchor partner and will see information events and training programmes held here. We will also host cohort skill shares, mentoring and socials to promote and encourage collaboration and maximum impact locally
School for Social Entrepreneurs
BLW is also the anchor partner for School for Social Entrepreneurs and Guys and St Thomas’ Charity on the Wellness and health trade up programme. We have undertaken to promote the opportunity locally and try and identify local social entrepreneurs who can benefit from the opportunity of up to £10k in match funding and a learning programme with SSE.